SMEC provides placement assistance to the students in exploring placement opportunities through the placement cell by inviting several companies for campus recruitment of students who are in the final year of the programme.
Placements, at the Institute, are a result of very systematic interaction with the industry and continuous career counseling of the students. From the very initial I year of the B.Tech. programme, students are continuously counseled with regard to his/her career aspirations and options through CRT programme, which in turn is vigorously followed up with the companies for participating in the placement programme of the Institute. This not only helps the students in getting their 'dream' jobs but also assists the visiting placement companies in identifying the 'right' candidate for their organization.
The Placement cell is also tied uo with the "TASK", Telangana Academy of Skill & Knowledge, of the Telangana State. TASK is a not for profit organization created by Government of Telangana for bringing synergy among institutions of Government, Industry & Academia with an objective of offering quality human resources and services to the industry . Through TASK, students are trained extensively in latest technology to help companies find the right candidate. To know more about TASK visit TASK Website
The Placement Cell several activities few of which are as follows:
- Visits and MOUs to the companies for student placements.
- Communicating & Networking with Industries and building relationships with the recruiters.
- Inviting potential recruiters to the Institute.
- Grooming and training of the candidates for the placements to improve their chances of selection into the companies in which they are short listed.
- Entering into MOUs with various placement agencies like TASK, Monster, etc.
- Campus Recruitment Training activity right from Ist year
- Interacting with Allumni for providing palcements
Every year our students are several companies. Following is the list of few students and companies where our students were placed